A collaborative approach to innovation
African digital visionaries develop innovative solutions with significant impact on people’s lives and their environment. But on the road to breakthrough, they can face certain challenges.
Therefore, we aim to create an environment in which the full potential of African digital innovation can unfold – with all ecosystem stakeholders.
Wether you are a startup, innovation enabler or dealing with innovation policies, we believe only a collaborative and systemic approach can overcome the obstacles these digital visionaries are facing.
For you, we develop and implement our programmes in close collaboration with our private and public sector partners. The overall aim is to strengthen African ecosystems as a whole.
Together, we join forces to create a momentum for innovation and change by empowering and growing African #InnovationEcosystems.
Meet our Team
We operate from Africa and Europe.
Make-IT in Africa is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
Creating impact with a strong network
We collaborate with a network of strong partners from innovation enablers to policymakers and the public and private sector.
Publications and Downloads
Over the years, we have gathered useful information, valuable insights, and practical tools – ready for you to download.
- 8 reasons why we are excited about embedding inclusion in Africa's Digital Innovation EcosystemJoin us as Value for Women and Make-IT in Africa embark on a journey to revolutionize Africa's tech landscape. Discover 8 reasons why we foster diversity, empower women and drive innovation.Blog Article — September 27, 2023 — Aparajita Agrawal
- Enthralling Estonia: On a Safari to meet the Unicorns of the NorthEstonia is simply impressive. In “the world’s most digital nation”, 99% of government services are available online. We wanted to see ourselves: how did Estonia pull off its digital transformation?Blog Article — August 11, 2023 — Anna Vambe
- GenBlue: Empowering Innovation Support Organizations for Blue Innovation and Inclusivity in Southern AfricaGenBlue is dedicated to empowering Innovation Support Organizations (ISOs) as key enablers for ocean impact solutions while promoting inclusivity and addressing gender imbalances and biases.Blog Article — July 18, 2023 — Linda McLeod
- We need female role models – then and nowEllen Fischat is passionate about people development and transformation. She co-founded Inspiring African Women NPC: a network designed to inspire the next generation of female changemakers.Blog Article — April 5, 2023 — Ellen Fischat
- MARKET PLAYERS: Reimagining pan-African Entrepreneurship & Innovation EcosystemsKatlego Mokgethi, founder of Market Players in Botswana, shared with us the importance of a 'shared vision' and what it means to 'lead in action'.Blog Article — March 29, 2023 — Katlego Mokgethi
- Strengthening the capacity of Innovation Hubs in GhanaThe Ghana Hubs Network is enhancing the abilities of hub managers and program leads to establish e.g. robust technical programming, governance and operations for forty member hubs.Blog Article — March 29, 2023 — Yaw Adu-Gyamfi
- Lead F Africa: Meet the Female Leaders making strides in African Tech and InnovationFemale Founders and Make-IT in Africa are partnering on Lead F Africa, a leadership program tailored to support female founders in tech, innovation enablers and champions in policy-making.Blog Article — March 28, 2023 — Elisabeth van Holthe tot Echten
- Women, AHEAD!#EmbraceEquity is this year’s theme for #InternationalWomensDay. On the lead-up to March 8th, let’s commemorate women, their achievements, and their allies by highlighting those who inspire us.Blog Article — February 28, 2023 — Aneth Batamuliza
- How might we ensure that digital startups and local companies in Africa benefit from the green hydrogen boom?Green hydrogen may or may not be the next big thing, but we believe it has the potential to be a game changer. Our partner Endeva will explore this in its “ii2030 Green Hydrogen in Africa edition”.Blog Article — January 27, 2023 — Anna Vambe
- AfriLabs Annual Gathering 2022: The ecosystem future is femaleWe met with over 300 pan-African innovation enablers at the AfriLabs Annual Gathering. Our goal: highlighting female leadership. Read about Aneth and Sue's experience in Lusaka.Blog Article — December 19, 2022 — Aneth Batamuliza