What we do for your tech startup
We regularly develop and implement accelerator and funding programmes with our partners. Keep an eye on our website and social media channels and apply for suitable programmes! Our programmes support you, for example, through:
Financial resources, capacity building, experts, knowledge, and recommendations – we provide you with trustworthy support.
We establish contact with partners, investors, mentors, and networks – in your ecosystem and at pitch and matchmaking events.
With access to markets and partners, we can help your startup to gain traction and facilitate your scaleability.
- Next Generation of Ghana FinTech Innovation celebrated during the Ghana Digital Innovation Week 2022Startups from our NextGen FinTech Accelerator programme pitched at the Ghana Digital Innovation Week in November 2022.News Article — December 14, 2022 — Doreen Aglago-Cofie
- MalawiUP! Startup Connect WeekIn partnership with Mzuzu E-Hub, we are implementing the MalawiUP! Startup Connect Week between the 13th-16th December 2022 in Lilongwe. The aim: To foster collaboration in the Innovation Ecosystem.Event — December 12, 2022 — December 15, 2022 — Gerold Dreyer
- Smart Cities Innovation Study TourMake-IT in Africa brings African smart city visionaries to Barcelona – ‘Europe’s smartest city’Event — November 13, 2022 — November 17, 2022
- Uganda's Investment Guide is out now!Investors, entrepreneurs, innovation hubs, government actors and other innovation ecosystem players gathered on the 19th of August 2022 in Kampala for the launch of the Investment Guide Uganda.News Article — August 26, 2022 — Alina Schlesinger
- Deep Dive Africa II– More than 500k USD raisedStartups, from Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya and Rwanda participated in Deep Dive Africa II. Startups worked collaboratively to drive global investor interest and increase funding opportunities.News Article — August 19, 2022
- 22 African Smart Cities Startups Pitch their IdeasThe Smart Cities Innovation Programme had a successful online-pitch event, where the participating startups from across the Continent were able to showcase their achievements and investment readiness.News Article — June 29, 2022
- ii2030 -Co-creation Phase WorkshopWith an interactive two-day workshop facilitated by Endeva and the Rwandan Ministry for ICT and Innovation, the co-creation stage of tThe Rwanda Smart Cities Edition of the ii2030 was commenced.News Article — June 29, 2022
Our programmes to support innovative solutions
With our partners, we have already launched a variety of programmes tailored to the needs of tech startups all across Africa – from matchmaking, capacity building to mentoring. Our collaborative approach always aims at providing trustworthy support.
Find your investor and learn about funding, raising capital & investor types.Visit our Investment Guide
- Women, AHEAD!#EmbraceEquity is this year’s theme for #InternationalWomensDay. On the lead-up to March 8th, let’s commemorate women, their achievements, and their allies by highlighting those who inspire us.Blog Article — February 28, 2023 — Aneth Batamuliza
- How might we ensure that digital startups and local companies in Africa benefit from the green hydrogen boom?Green hydrogen may or may not be the next big thing, but we believe it has the potential to be a game changer. Our partner Endeva will explore this in its “ii2030 Green Hydrogen in Africa edition”.Blog Article — January 27, 2023 — Anna Vambe
- AfriLabs Annual Gathering 2022: The ecosystem future is femaleWe met with over 300 pan-African innovation enablers at the AfriLabs Annual Gathering. Our goal: highlighting female leadership. Read about Aneth and Sue's experience in Lusaka.Blog Article — December 19, 2022 — Aneth Batamuliza
- Conversations to spur sustainable and seamless mobility in AfricaInnocent Orikiiriza, Founder and CEO of KaCyper Technologies – an e-mobility tech startup from Uganda – looks back on our delegation trip to the Smart City Expo World Congress in Barcelona.Blog Article — December 19, 2022 — Innocent Orikiiriza
- Event season is back: Make-IT in Africa and Friends attend Germany’s largest Founders Festival Bits & Pretzels 2022Good things come to those who wait! After events were postponed over and over again a Make-IT in Africa & Friends delegation attended the Bits & Pretzels in Munich. And they had a blast!Blog Article — November 9, 2022 — Anna Vambe
- The ii2030 Rwanda Smart City Edition JourneyTo co-create systemic solutions in the smart city space, Make-IT supports the “ii2030 Rwanda Smart City Edition” a flagship initiative of Endeva.Blog Article — May 24, 2022 — Belen Adem, Endeva
- Naa Sika: FinTech startup with an innovative banking solutionThe startup Naa Sika Micro Bank and its lead Ralph Menz are on a journey of creating innovative and trendy ways to manage money effectively.Blog Article — March 30, 2022
- Cooling with the sun? Yes! The KOOLBOKS way…Frequent power outages, high costs of buying and running generators, and the relatively high cost of refrigerators prevent many African businesses ...Blog Article — March 30, 2022
- With Optimalogistic an empty truck becomes an opportunityIn Tunisia, for every three deliveries, two trucks return empty to their cities of origin.Blog Article — March 30, 2022