What we do for your Innovation Ecosystem
Collaboration and networking are critical to innovation enablers' work. Working closely with our private and public sector partners, we give you the tools to drive local innovation and create impactful change in African regions.
With technical and financial support, we improve your strategy, service delivery, and business model for long-term sustainability.
We support you to find your prupose, align with other ecosystem players, and start your joint journey towards specialization.
We assist you in making contacts and learning from like-minded people by expanding your networks – locally and internationally.
- Embracing the Climate Change Imperative: A Focus at the Ghana Digital Innovation Week 2023Make-IT in Africa and Friends participated in the 3rd edition of the Ghana Digital Innovation Week to explore innovative approaches, foster collaboration, and contribute to a sustainable future.Event — November 6, 2023 — November 8, 2023 — Rosina Naab — Alex Calvin Gbetie
- Africa Connect Startup Week: hosted in BerlinFrom 20-24 Nov. 2023, many high-ranking leaders from Africa and Europe are gathering in Berlin for the G20 Compact and G20 Investment Summit to strengthen private sector and investments in Africa.News Article — October 31, 2023
- Africa Connect Startup Week: hosted in BerlinFrom 20-24 Nov. 2023, many high-ranking leaders from Africa and Europe are gathering in Berlin for the G20 Compact and the G20 Investment Summit to strengthen private sector and investments in Africa.Event — November 20, 2023 — November 24, 2023
- Co-designing Solutions to close the gender-financing Gap in AfricaFemale-founding teams in Africa received an abysmal 1% of total funding on the continent in 2021. Make-IT in Africa launches the ScaleX Project to support early-stage gender-lens ecosystem actors.News Article — September 21, 2023 — Mansi Gupta
- Apply now for our new Promoting Local R&D ProgramAre you a Makerspace in Western or Eastern Africa? Then apply to our Research and Development program and join us as we bridge the innovation gap to drive impactful change.News Article — September 19, 2023 — Rosina Naab
- Transform Africa Summit 2023: How to grow inclusive innovation ecosystemsMake-IT in Africa is hosting a panel discussion and workshop on inclusive innovation ecosystems on Friday 28 April as part of Smart Africa's Transform Africa Summit 2023.Event — April 26, 2023 — April 28, 2023 — Valeria Morua
- Make-IT in Africa Women in Leadership Program – 'a gamechanger'The Women in Leadership Program with Stellenbosch Business School provides African women with skills, resources and support to become tomorrow’s successful leaders in the innovation space.News Article — March 31, 2023 — Bartha Alexander
- Transitioning Tech Hubs into GreenTech SpacesTogether with IRESEN and Viridian we gathered twelve West African tech hubs in Dakar, Senegal, for a Bootcamp. The overarching topic: transitioning the hubs into Greentech spaces.News Article — March 30, 2023 — Alex Calvin Gbetie
Our programmes to empower Innovation Ecosystems
Your goal is to foster innovation and collaboration in your ecosystem. But who supports you in this? Our partner network is up to the challenge. Together, we have developed and implemented programmes tailored to the needs of innovation enablers like you.
- Catalyzing the African AgriTech Ecosystem by Fostering Partnerships among StartupsThe GreenAPI: Smart Agriculture Program brought together Seven Startups and a Digital Agriculture Platform to Senegal with the aim to foster mutual trust and Propel Innovative Agritech solutions in WABlog Article — December 13, 2023 — Fatou Doumbia
- ii2030 Green Hydrogen in Africa EditionThe 2023 edition of Endeva’s ii2030 focused on the question: „How can startups and local innovators benefit from the potential of green hydrogen in Kenya, Namibia and South Africa?Blog Article — December 12, 2023 — Claudia Knobloch
- Leadership Roundtable LTST side-eventChange the game. Not the players. The 5th edition of the Female Founder’s flagship conference took place on 11 and 12 Ocotber 2023 in Vienna, Austria.Blog Article — October 24, 2023 — Elisabeth van Holthe tot Echten
- Journey to Maximum Impact: 3 Stops for Africa’s Leading National Innovation NetworksMake-IT in Africa had the privilege of working with Seedstars and Pangea Trust on a program to accompany national innovation networks from across Africa on their journey to maximum impact ecosystems.Blog Article — October 6, 2023 — Valeria Morua
- 8 reasons why we are excited about embedding inclusion in Africa's Digital Innovation EcosystemJoin us as Value for Women and Make-IT in Africa embark on a journey to revolutionize Africa's tech landscape. Discover 8 reasons why we foster diversity, empower women and drive innovation.Blog Article — September 27, 2023 — Aparajita Agrawal
- Enthralling Estonia: On a Safari to meet the Unicorns of the NorthEstonia is simply impressive. In “the world’s most digital nation”, 99% of government services are available online. We wanted to see ourselves: how did Estonia pull off its digital transformation?Blog Article — August 11, 2023 — Anna Vambe
- GenBlue: Empowering Innovation Support Organizations for Blue Innovation and Inclusivity in Southern AfricaGenBlue is dedicated to empowering Innovation Support Organizations (ISOs) as key enablers for ocean impact solutions while promoting inclusivity and addressing gender imbalances and biases.Blog Article — July 18, 2023 — Linda McLeod
- We need female role models – then and nowEllen Fischat is passionate about people development and transformation. She co-founded Inspiring African Women NPC: a network designed to inspire the next generation of female changemakers.Blog Article — April 5, 2023 — Ellen Fischat
- MARKET PLAYERS: Reimagining pan-African Entrepreneurship & Innovation EcosystemsKatlego Mokgethi, founder of Market Players in Botswana, shared with us the importance of a 'shared vision' and what it means to 'lead in action'.Blog Article — March 29, 2023 — Katlego Mokgethi