What we do for your Innovation Ecosystem
Collaboration and networking are critical to innovation enablers' work. Working closely with our private and public sector partners, we give you the tools to drive local innovation and create impactful change in African regions.
With technical and financial support, we improve your strategy, service delivery, and business model for long-term sustainability.
We support you to find your prupose, align with other ecosystem players, and start your joint journey towards specialization.
We assist you in making contacts and learning from like-minded people by expanding your networks – locally and internationally.
- Co-designing Solutions to close the gender-financing Gap in AfricaFemale-founding teams in Africa received an abysmal 1% of total funding on the continent in 2021. Make-IT in Africa launches the ScaleX Project to support early-stage gender-lens ecosystem actors.News Article — September 21, 2023 — Mansi Gupta
- Apply now for our new Promoting Local R&D ProgramAre you a Makerspace in Western or Eastern Africa? Then apply to our Research and Development program and join us as we bridge the innovation gap to drive impactful change.News Article — September 19, 2023 — Rosina Naab
- Transform Africa Summit 2023: How to grow inclusive innovation ecosystemsMake-IT in Africa is hosting a panel discussion and workshop on inclusive innovation ecosystems on Friday 28 April as part of Smart Africa's Transform Africa Summit 2023.Event — April 26, 2023 — April 28, 2023 — Valeria Morua
- Make-IT in Africa Women in Leadership Program – 'a gamechanger'The Women in Leadership Program with Stellenbosch Business School provides African women with skills, resources and support to become tomorrow’s successful leaders in the innovation space.News Article — March 31, 2023 — Bartha Alexander
- Transitioning Tech Hubs into GreenTech SpacesTogether with IRESEN and Viridian we gathered twelve West African tech hubs in Dakar, Senegal, for a Bootcamp. The overarching topic: transitioning the hubs into Greentech spaces.News Article — March 30, 2023 — Alex Calvin Gbetie
- Masterclasses: Blue Tech for ESOs and Business Angel InvestorsAre you an ESO Manager or Business Angel Investor and would like to deepen your know-how of the Blue Tech sector? Join our virtual masterclasses in collaboration with Ocean Hub Africa and Viridian.Event — March 28, 2023 — March 29, 2023 — Linda McLeod
- MalawiUP! Startup Connect WeekIn partnership with Mzuzu E-Hub, we are implementing the MalawiUP! Startup Connect Week between the 13th-16th December 2022 in Lilongwe. The aim: To foster collaboration in the Innovation Ecosystem.Event — December 12, 2022 — December 15, 2022 — Gerold Dreyer
- Southern Africa: Hacking innovation ecosystems through collaborationBongoHive, in partnership with ESTDEV, Garage48 and us hosted the second edition of the Empowering the Startup Community Hackathon in Lusaka, Zambia, from the 15th-17th November 2022.News Article — November 18, 2022 — Gerold Dreyer
- Empowering the Startup Community Hackathon 2022BongoHive, in partnership with the Estonian Centre for International Development, Garage48 and us is hosting the 2nd edition of the Empowering the Startup Community Hackathon in Lusaka in November.Event — November 13, 2022 — November 16, 2022
Our programmes to empower Innovation Ecosystems
Your goal is to foster innovation and collaboration in your ecosystem. But who supports you in this? Our partner network is up to the challenge. Together, we have developed and implemented programmes tailored to the needs of innovation enablers like you.
- 8 reasons why we are excited about embedding inclusion in Africa's Digital Innovation EcosystemJoin us as Value for Women and Make-IT in Africa embark on a journey to revolutionize Africa's tech landscape. Discover 8 reasons why we foster diversity, empower women and drive innovation.Blog Article — September 27, 2023 — Aparajita Agrawal
- Enthralling Estonia: On a Safari to meet the Unicorns of the NorthEstonia is simply impressive. In “the world’s most digital nation”, 99% of government services are available online. We wanted to see ourselves: how did Estonia pull off its digital transformation?Blog Article — August 11, 2023 — Anna Vambe
- GenBlue: Empowering Innovation Support Organizations for Blue Innovation and Inclusivity in Southern AfricaGenBlue is dedicated to empowering Innovation Support Organizations (ISOs) as key enablers for ocean impact solutions while promoting inclusivity and addressing gender imbalances and biases.Blog Article — July 18, 2023 — Linda McLeod
- We need female role models – then and nowEllen Fischat is passionate about people development and transformation. She co-founded Inspiring African Women NPC: a network designed to inspire the next generation of female changemakers.Blog Article — April 5, 2023 — Ellen Fischat
- MARKET PLAYERS: Reimagining pan-African Entrepreneurship & Innovation EcosystemsKatlego Mokgethi, founder of Market Players in Botswana, shared with us the importance of a 'shared vision' and what it means to 'lead in action'.Blog Article — March 29, 2023 — Katlego Mokgethi
- Strengthening the capacity of Innovation Hubs in GhanaThe Ghana Hubs Network is enhancing the abilities of hub managers and program leads to establish e.g. robust technical programming, governance and operations for forty member hubs.Blog Article — March 29, 2023 — Yaw Adu-Gyamfi
- Lead F Africa: Meet the Female Leaders making strides in African Tech and InnovationFemale Founders and Make-IT in Africa are partnering on Lead F Africa, a leadership program tailored to support female founders in tech, innovation enablers and champions in policy-making.Blog Article — March 28, 2023 — Elisabeth van Holthe tot Echten
- Women, AHEAD!#EmbraceEquity is this year’s theme for #InternationalWomensDay. On the lead-up to March 8th, let’s commemorate women, their achievements, and their allies by highlighting those who inspire us.Blog Article — February 28, 2023 — Aneth Batamuliza
- How might we ensure that digital startups and local companies in Africa benefit from the green hydrogen boom?Green hydrogen may or may not be the next big thing, but we believe it has the potential to be a game changer. Our partner Endeva will explore this in its “ii2030 Green Hydrogen in Africa edition”.Blog Article — January 27, 2023 — Anna Vambe
- AfriLabs Annual Gathering 2022: The ecosystem future is femaleWe met with over 300 pan-African innovation enablers at the AfriLabs Annual Gathering. Our goal: highlighting female leadership. Read about Aneth and Sue's experience in Lusaka.Blog Article — December 19, 2022 — Aneth Batamuliza