What we do for your Innovation Ecosystem
Collaboration and networking are critical to innovation enablers' work. Working closely with our private and public sector partners, we give you the tools to drive local innovation and create impactful change in African regions.
With technical and financial support, we improve your strategy, service delivery, and business model for long-term sustainability.
We support you to find your prupose, align with other ecosystem players, and start your joint journey towards specialization.
We assist you in making contacts and learning from like-minded people by expanding your networks – locally and internationally.
- MalawiUP! Startup Connect WeekIn partnership with Mzuzu E-Hub, we are implementing the MalawiUP! Startup Connect Week between the 13th-16th December 2022 in Lilongwe. The aim: To foster collaboration in the Innovation Ecosystem.Event — December 12, 2022 — December 15, 2022 — Gerold Dreyer
- Southern Africa: Hacking innovation ecosystems through collaborationBongoHive, in partnership with ESTDEV, Garage48 and us hosted the second edition of the Empowering the Startup Community Hackathon in Lusaka, Zambia, from the 15th-17th November 2022.News Article — November 18, 2022 — Gerold Dreyer
- Empowering the Startup Community Hackathon 2022BongoHive, in partnership with the Estonian Centre for International Development, Garage48 and us is hosting the 2nd edition of the Empowering the Startup Community Hackathon in Lusaka in November.Event — November 13, 2022 — November 16, 2022
- AfriLabs Annual Gathering 2022This year’s Annual Gathering explores ‘Intra-Africa Connectivity, Collaboration and Innovation’. We look forward this opportunity to convene with stakeholders from the African innovation ecosystem.Event — October 25, 2022 — October 27, 2022
- 22 African Smart Cities Startups Pitch their IdeasThe Smart Cities Innovation Programme had a successful online-pitch event, where the participating startups from across the Continent were able to showcase their achievements and investment readiness.News Article — June 29, 2022
Our programmes to empower Innovation Ecosystems
Your goal is to foster innovation and collaboration in your ecosystem. But who supports you in this? Our partner network is up to the challenge. Together, we have developed and implemented programmes tailored to the needs of innovation enablers like you.
- How might we ensure that digital startups and local companies in Africa benefit from the green hydrogen boom?Green hydrogen may or may not be the next big thing, but we believe it has the potential to be a game changer. Our partner Endeva will explore this in its “ii2030 Green Hydrogen in Africa edition”.Blog Article — January 27, 2023 — Anna Vambe
- AfriLabs Annual Gathering 2022: The ecosystem future is femaleWe met with over 300 pan-African innovation enablers at the AfriLabs Annual Gathering. Our goal: highlighting female leadership. Read about Aneth and Sue's experience in Lusaka.Blog Article — December 19, 2022 — Aneth Batamuliza
- Conversations to spur sustainable and seamless mobility in AfricaInnocent Orikiiriza, Founder and CEO of KaCyper Technologies – an e-mobility tech startup from Uganda – looks back on our delegation trip to the Smart City Expo World Congress in Barcelona.Blog Article — December 19, 2022 — Innocent Orikiiriza
- Event season is back: Make-IT in Africa and Friends attend Germany’s largest Founders Festival Bits & Pretzels 2022Good things come to those who wait! After events were postponed over and over again a Make-IT in Africa & Friends delegation attended the Bits & Pretzels in Munich. And they had a blast!Blog Article — November 9, 2022 — Anna Vambe