News & Events
- Transform Africa Summit 2023: How to grow inclusive innovation ecosystemsMake-IT in Africa is hosting a panel discussion and workshop on inclusive innovation ecosystems on Friday 28 April as part of Smart Africa's Transform Africa Summit 2023.Event — April 26, 2023 — April 28, 2023 — Valeria Morua
- We need female role models – then and nowEllen Fischat is passionate about people development and transformation. She co-founded Inspiring African Women NPC: a network designed to inspire the next generation of female changemakers.Blog Article — April 5, 2023 — Ellen Fischat
- Make-IT in Africa Women in Leadership Program – 'a gamechanger'The Women in Leadership Program with Stellenbosch Business School provides African women with skills, resources and support to become tomorrow’s successful leaders in the innovation space.News Article — March 31, 2023 — Bartha Alexander
- Transitioning Tech Hubs into GreenTech SpacesTogether with IRESEN and Viridian we gathered twelve West African tech hubs in Dakar, Senegal, for a Bootcamp. The overarching topic: transitioning the hubs into Greentech spaces.News Article — March 30, 2023 — Alex Calvin Gbetie
- MARKET PLAYERS: Reimagining pan-African Entrepreneurship & Innovation EcosystemsKatlego Mokgethi, founder of Market Players in Botswana, shared with us the importance of a 'shared vision' and what it means to 'lead in action'.Blog Article — March 29, 2023 — Katlego Mokgethi
- Strengthening the capacity of Innovation Hubs in GhanaThe Ghana Hubs Network is enhancing the abilities of hub managers and program leads to establish e.g. robust technical programming, governance and operations for forty member hubs.Blog Article — March 29, 2023 — Yaw Adu-Gyamfi
- Lead F Africa: Meet the Female Leaders making strides in African Tech and InnovationFemale Founders and Make-IT in Africa are partnering on Lead F Africa, a leadership program tailored to support female founders in tech, innovation enablers and champions in policy-making.Blog Article — March 28, 2023 — Elisabeth van Holthe tot Echten
- Women, AHEAD!#EmbraceEquity is this year’s theme for #InternationalWomensDay. On the lead-up to March 8th, let’s commemorate women, their achievements, and their allies by highlighting those who inspire us.Blog Article — February 28, 2023 — Aneth Batamuliza
- Masterclasses: Blue Tech for ESOs and Business Angel InvestorsAre you an ESO Manager or Business Angel Investor and would like to deepen your know-how of the Blue Tech sector? Join our virtual masterclasses in collaboration with Ocean Hub Africa and Viridian.Event — March 28, 2023 — March 29, 2023 — Linda McLeod
- How might we ensure that digital startups and local companies in Africa benefit from the green hydrogen boom?Green hydrogen may or may not be the next big thing, but we believe it has the potential to be a game changer. Our partner Endeva will explore this in its “ii2030 Green Hydrogen in Africa edition”.Blog Article — January 27, 2023 — Anna Vambe
What we do
With our partners, we co-create strong foundations for innovation by empowering African #InnovationEcosystems. We encourage startups, innovation enablers, and political partners to connect, exchange, and scale digital solutions.
Our goal is to make these #InnovationEcosystems future-ready – to build a resilient environment for digital visionaries and their partners. So, they can create impactful change in Africa – socially, environmentally, and economically.
Creating impact with a strong network
Since the start of our project we have been collaborating with a network of strong allies from innovation enablers to the private sector, civil society and policy makers.