News & Events
- Women, AHEAD!#EmbraceEquity is this year’s theme for #InternationalWomensDay. On the lead-up to March 8th, let’s commemorate women, their achievements, and their allies by highlighting those who inspire us.Blog Article — February 28, 2023 — Aneth Batamuliza
- Masterclasses: Blue Tech for ESOs and Business Angel InvestorsAre you an ESO Manager or Business Angel Investor and would like to deepen your know-how of the Blue Tech sector? Join our virtual masterclasses in collaboration with Ocean Hub Africa and Viridian.Event — March 28, 2023 — March 29, 2023 — Linda McLeod
- How might we ensure that digital startups and local companies in Africa benefit from the green hydrogen boom?Green hydrogen may or may not be the next big thing, but we believe it has the potential to be a game changer. Our partner Endeva will explore this in its “ii2030 Green Hydrogen in Africa edition”.Blog Article — January 27, 2023 — Anna Vambe
- AfriLabs Annual Gathering 2022: The ecosystem future is femaleWe met with over 300 pan-African innovation enablers at the AfriLabs Annual Gathering. Our goal: highlighting female leadership. Read about Aneth and Sue's experience in Lusaka.Blog Article — December 19, 2022 — Aneth Batamuliza
- Conversations to spur sustainable and seamless mobility in AfricaInnocent Orikiiriza, Founder and CEO of KaCyper Technologies – an e-mobility tech startup from Uganda – looks back on our delegation trip to the Smart City Expo World Congress in Barcelona.Blog Article — December 19, 2022 — Innocent Orikiiriza
- Next Generation of Ghana FinTech Innovation celebrated during the Ghana Digital Innovation Week 2022Startups from our NextGen FinTech Accelerator programme pitched at the Ghana Digital Innovation Week in November 2022.News Article — December 14, 2022 — Doreen Aglago-Cofie
- MalawiUP! Startup Connect WeekIn partnership with Mzuzu E-Hub, we are implementing the MalawiUP! Startup Connect Week between the 13th-16th December 2022 in Lilongwe. The aim: To foster collaboration in the Innovation Ecosystem.Event — December 12, 2022 — December 15, 2022 — Gerold Dreyer
- Southern Africa: Hacking innovation ecosystems through collaborationBongoHive, in partnership with ESTDEV, Garage48 and us hosted the second edition of the Empowering the Startup Community Hackathon in Lusaka, Zambia, from the 15th-17th November 2022.News Article — November 18, 2022 — Gerold Dreyer
- Event season is back: Make-IT in Africa and Friends attend Germany’s largest Founders Festival Bits & Pretzels 2022Good things come to those who wait! After events were postponed over and over again a Make-IT in Africa & Friends delegation attended the Bits & Pretzels in Munich. And they had a blast!Blog Article — November 9, 2022 — Anna Vambe
- Empowering the Startup Community Hackathon 2022BongoHive, in partnership with the Estonian Centre for International Development, Garage48 and us is hosting the 2nd edition of the Empowering the Startup Community Hackathon in Lusaka in November.Event — November 13, 2022 — November 16, 2022
What we do
With our partners, we co-create strong foundations for innovation by empowering African #InnovationEcosystems. We encourage startups, innovation enablers, and political partners to connect, exchange, and scale digital solutions.
Our goal is to make these #InnovationEcosystems future-ready – to build a resilient environment for digital visionaries and their partners. So, they can create impactful change in Africa – socially, environmentally, and economically.
Creating impact with a strong network
Since the start of our project we have been collaborating with a network of strong allies from innovation enablers to the private sector, civil society and policy makers.