- Southern Africa: Hacking innovation ecosystems through collaborationBongoHive, in partnership with ESTDEV, Garage48 and us hosted the second edition of the Empowering the Startup Community Hackathon in Lusaka, Zambia, from the 15th-17th November 2022.News Article — November 18, 2022 — Gerold Dreyer
- Event season is back: Make-IT in Africa and Friends attend Germany’s largest Founders Festival Bits & Pretzels 2022Good things come to those who wait! After events were postponed over and over again a Make-IT in Africa & Friends delegation attended the Bits & Pretzels in Munich. And they had a blast!Blog Article — November 9, 2022 — Anna Vambe
- Empowering the Startup Community Hackathon 2022BongoHive, in partnership with the Estonian Centre for International Development, Garage48 and us is hosting the 2nd edition of the Empowering the Startup Community Hackathon in Lusaka in November.Event — November 13, 2022 — November 16, 2022
- AfriLabs Annual Gathering 2022This year’s Annual Gathering explores ‘Intra-Africa Connectivity, Collaboration and Innovation’. We look forward this opportunity to convene with stakeholders from the African innovation ecosystem.Event — October 25, 2022 — October 27, 2022
- Uganda's Investment Guide is out now!Investors, entrepreneurs, innovation hubs, government actors and other innovation ecosystem players gathered on the 19th of August 2022 in Kampala for the launch of the Investment Guide Uganda.News Article — August 26, 2022 — Alina Schlesinger
- Deep Dive Africa II– More than 500k USD raisedStartups, from Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya and Rwanda participated in Deep Dive Africa II. Startups worked collaboratively to drive global investor interest and increase funding opportunities.News Article — August 19, 2022
- 22 African Smart Cities Startups Pitch their IdeasThe Smart Cities Innovation Programme had a successful online-pitch event, where the participating startups from across the Continent were able to showcase their achievements and investment readiness.News Article — June 29, 2022
What we do
With our partners, we co-create strong foundations for innovation by empowering African #InnovationEcosystems. We encourage startups, innovation enablers, and political partners to connect, exchange, and scale digital solutions.
Our goal is to make these #InnovationEcosystems future-ready – to build a resilient environment for digital visionaries and their partners. So, they can create impactful change in Africa – socially, environmentally, and economically.
Creating impact with a strong network
Since the start of our project we have been collaborating with a network of strong allies from innovation enablers to the private sector, civil society and policy makers.