What we can do for your innovation policies
Our collaborative and systemic approach aims to develop national and pan-African innovation-friendly policy frameworks by providing trusted strategic, policy and organisational support, tools, and partners from your local and international #InnovationEcosystems.
With our collaborative approach, we support you with participatory policymaking and in establishing credibility and visibility.
We can contribute to your policymaking with regional and pan-African knowledge, a communication platform, and relevant tools.
We connect you with experts, ecosystems, and other policymakers, enabling you to learn from peers across different countries.
- Africa Connect Startup Week: hosted in BerlinFrom 20-24 Nov. 2023, many high-ranking leaders from Africa and Europe are gathering in Berlin for the G20 Compact and G20 Investment Summit to strengthen private sector and investments in Africa.News Article — October 31, 2023
- Africa Connect Startup Week: hosted in BerlinFrom 20-24 Nov. 2023, many high-ranking leaders from Africa and Europe are gathering in Berlin for the G20 Compact and the G20 Investment Summit to strengthen private sector and investments in Africa.Event — November 20, 2023 — November 24, 2023
- Transform Africa Summit 2023: How to grow inclusive innovation ecosystemsMake-IT in Africa is hosting a panel discussion and workshop on inclusive innovation ecosystems on Friday 28 April as part of Smart Africa's Transform Africa Summit 2023.Event — April 26, 2023 — April 28, 2023 — Valeria Morua
- Make-IT in Africa Women in Leadership Program – 'a gamechanger'The Women in Leadership Program with Stellenbosch Business School provides African women with skills, resources and support to become tomorrow’s successful leaders in the innovation space.News Article — March 31, 2023 — Bartha Alexander
- MalawiUP! Startup Connect WeekIn partnership with Mzuzu E-Hub, we are implementing the MalawiUP! Startup Connect Week between the 13th-16th December 2022 in Lilongwe. The aim: To foster collaboration in the Innovation Ecosystem.Event — December 12, 2022 — December 15, 2022 — Gerold Dreyer
Our programmes to promote innovation policies
Our policy programmes drive change at government level by developing innovative, digital policy frameworks to foster tech entrepreneurship. With our partners, we provide policymakers like you with harmonized tools to create an enabling environment for innovation.
- Leadership Roundtable LTST side-eventChange the game. Not the players. The 5th edition of the Female Founder’s flagship conference took place on 11 and 12 Ocotber 2023 in Vienna, Austria.Blog Article — October 24, 2023 — Elisabeth van Holthe tot Echten
- Journey to Maximum Impact: 3 Stops for Africa’s Leading National Innovation NetworksMake-IT in Africa had the privilege of working with Seedstars and Pangea Trust on a program to accompany national innovation networks from across Africa on their journey to maximum impact ecosystems.Blog Article — October 6, 2023 — Valeria Morua
- 8 reasons why we are excited about embedding inclusion in Africa's Digital Innovation EcosystemJoin us as Value for Women and Make-IT in Africa embark on a journey to revolutionize Africa's tech landscape. Discover 8 reasons why we foster diversity, empower women and drive innovation.Blog Article — September 27, 2023 — Aparajita Agrawal
- Enthralling Estonia: On a Safari to meet the Unicorns of the NorthEstonia is simply impressive. In “the world’s most digital nation”, 99% of government services are available online. We wanted to see ourselves: how did Estonia pull off its digital transformation?Blog Article — August 11, 2023 — Anna Vambe
- GenBlue: Empowering Innovation Support Organizations for Blue Innovation and Inclusivity in Southern AfricaGenBlue is dedicated to empowering Innovation Support Organizations (ISOs) as key enablers for ocean impact solutions while promoting inclusivity and addressing gender imbalances and biases.Blog Article — July 18, 2023 — Linda McLeod
- We need female role models – then and nowEllen Fischat is passionate about people development and transformation. She co-founded Inspiring African Women NPC: a network designed to inspire the next generation of female changemakers.Blog Article — April 5, 2023 — Ellen Fischat
- MARKET PLAYERS: Reimagining pan-African Entrepreneurship & Innovation EcosystemsKatlego Mokgethi, founder of Market Players in Botswana, shared with us the importance of a 'shared vision' and what it means to 'lead in action'.Blog Article — March 29, 2023 — Katlego Mokgethi
- Strengthening the capacity of Innovation Hubs in GhanaThe Ghana Hubs Network is enhancing the abilities of hub managers and program leads to establish e.g. robust technical programming, governance and operations for forty member hubs.Blog Article — March 29, 2023 — Yaw Adu-Gyamfi
- Lead F Africa: Meet the Female Leaders making strides in African Tech and InnovationFemale Founders and Make-IT in Africa are partnering on Lead F Africa, a leadership program tailored to support female founders in tech, innovation enablers and champions in policy-making.Blog Article — March 28, 2023 — Elisabeth van Holthe tot Echten
- Women, AHEAD!#EmbraceEquity is this year’s theme for #InternationalWomensDay. On the lead-up to March 8th, let’s commemorate women, their achievements, and their allies by highlighting those who inspire us.Blog Article — February 28, 2023 — Aneth Batamuliza